Wordwrights is a Christian writing group that meets the second Saturday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in Edmond, Oklahoma.
Saturday, January 12, 2019
Program: "Let Your Write Shine"
Note: 2019 Wordwrights meetings will be held in Edmond.
Members and visitors meet the second Saturday of every month (10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.) in Edmond, Oklahoma, at Epworth Villa in the Woodworth Room. Enter the Villa at the HEALTH SERVICES ENTRANCE! (See below for exact instructions.)
Dear Wordwrights Members and Guests:
We are looking forward to meeting at Epworth Villa (N.W. 150th and Pennsylvania) starting in January 2019. Epworth’s hospitality is greatly appreciated. We in turn want to be thoughtful and courteous guests by using a direct route coming and going to our meeting room.
This is the route to our room (Woodworth Room) that can be followed to help us find our way through the building. Please take time to read and follow the suggested route.
Please Note: It would be easy to assume that one could ignore the information, simply go to the public entrance on the East side, off Pennsylvania, find a parking place, enter the front door and ask for information at the front desk. You would regret this action.
1. Pennsylvania is a very busy street at this entrance site. You must be alert, especially when exiting. Most of the parking spaces are marked as reserved; the rest are intended for come and go guests. Sometimes you will not be able to find an available space.
2. The distance to our meeting room is twice as far to walk from the front desk in this part of the building. The front desk personnel may be overwhelmed by having to direct so many extra people. It is possible to get lost because of three different hallways.
Please enter EPWORTH VILLA – HEALTH SERVICES ENTRANCE from N.W.150th Street and state your name and purpose at the call box so the attendant can open the gate to plenty of parking and a relatively short walk to and through the building to our meeting room. After your first visit, you will realize how simple this really is.
Some of the latest meeting program and topics have included the items below.
A Sampling of Previous Programs
- Speaker, Gaye Sanders, author with The Roadrunner Press, presenting program for Jeanne Devlin, editor/owner of The Roadrunner Press - "Tips for Getting Published & Then Marketing your Book"
- Wordwrights' Retreat at Yonderland, Mulhall, Oklahoma - Featured Speaker, Sally Jadlow
- Speaker, Alton Carter - "Author of Aging Out and The Boy Who Carried Bricks"
- Speaker, Andrea Foster (The Booklady) - "Sell Your Book Without Losing Your Shirt: Promostions In the New Pubishing Age"
- Speaker, Carolyn Leonard - "Journey of Discovery in Israel"
- Polish for Publication Critique Series
- Speaker, Dee Dee Chumley - "Why Write? Why Christian? Why Fiction?"
- Speaker, C. Dale German - "Journaling with C. Dale German"
- Speakers, Donna Le and Donna Sue Berry - "Writing for the Love of God"
- Polish for Publication Critique
- Christmas Party & Readings/Officer Elections
- Polish for Publication Critique Series - "Polish Your Prose and Poetry"
- Speaker, Chris Christensen, CEO Christensen Media Group - "Marketing Our Writing"
- All-day Christian Writing Retreat at Yonderland, Mulhall, Oklahoma
- Polish for Publication - Critique Session for Prose and Poetry
- Speakers, Jean Reed and Kathryn Spurgeon - "Two Book Publishers"
- Speaker, Virginia Brendle, founder GIFTS: "How to Be Presenters to Promote Your Work"
- Speaker, Nathan Gunter, Managing Editor at Oklahoma Today magazine
- "Writer's Work" - Wordwrights Members - Writing short bios/tips/devotions/writing to celebrate Easter
- Speaker, Dr. Robert Kanary, Pastor/Author on writing nonfiction books, writing children's books, traditional vs. self-publishing, and audio books
- Christmas Party with readings by Wordwrights Members
- Speaker, Jeremy Ingle, Newspaper Editor/Publisher - Oremus Press, on writing devotionals for local papers and small presses
- Speaker, Una Belle Townsend, "Writing Children's Picture Books"
- Critique Session: "Polish for Publication" - Lori Williams, Leader
- Speaker, Marla F. Jones, Writer/Artist/Book Publisher - Doodle and Peck, on writing children's books
- Speaker, Benjamin Myers, Poet Laureate of Oklahoma: "Poetry"
- Speaker, Melanie Hemry: "How to Sell to Guideposts"
- Speaker, LaQuita Dayton: "Accidental Publisher"
- Speaker, Norman Styers: "Why Write Nonfiction?"
- Speaker, Jean Reed: "Writing Dialogue 101 aka Eavesdropping 101"
- Christmas Party and Member Book Signing
- 20th Anniversary Celebration - "Wordwrights - Crafting Words for Christ: 20 Years and We've Only Just Begun!" Special guest: Irene Martin, founder of Wordwrights group
- Speaker, Louise Tucker Jones: "Finding Your Passion in Writing"
- Speaker, Kathryn Spurgeon: "Writing Love from the Inside Out"
- Speaker, Barbara Shepherd: "Secrets from the Contest Queen"
- Speaker, Carla Stewart: "Researching and Writing Historical Fiction"
- Critique and Themed Writing Session
- Speaker, Carolyn Leonard, on genealogy and her new book, "Who's Your Daddy?"
- Planning ACW Conference & Critique Session
- Speaker, Barbara Shepherd: "Taxes and the Business of Writing"
- ACW Conference Report & Critique Session
- Speaker, Stan Tolar, on writing tips, personal writing experiences
- Writing Exercises
- Critique Session
- Critique Session & Fellowship
- Speaker, Joe Jared: "Writing Metrical Poetry"
- Speaker Susan Brown: "Seven Roadblocks to Publication and How To Get Past Them"
- Critique Session "Refining Our Work"
- Speaker, Nancy Simmons Vineyard: "Joy on the Writing Journey"
- Speaker, Rene Gutteridge: "Ask Me Anything"
- Speaker, Jean Reed: Critique Session & Planning ACW Conference Banquet - "To the 9's"
- Speaker, Milton Smith: "Attending ACW & Other Conferences”
- ACW Conference Report & Critique Session