- Where is the Tom Steed building?
The Tom Steed Center aka Community Learning Center is located near I-40 and Hudiburg Drive on the Rose State Campus in Midwest City, Oklahoma. A map is provided for your convenience - look for Building #20. Download the map.
- What do I bring to the Retreat?
Bring writing materials to take notes while seated in comfortable theatre seating, cards for networking, and a sweater or jacket because the auditorium is chilly. Soft drink and snack machines are available. Free coffee is provided.
- Do I have to pay for parking?
No. Free parking is available adjacent to the building.
- What hotel is everyone staying in?
Fiction Writers Retreat will be held at an event center and no host hotel has been designated. A list of nearby hotels/motels was provided by the Midwest City Chamber of Commerce. Click here for the hotel/motel list.
- Where's the fee for the 10-minute mentoring? I had to pay an extra 60 dollars at 2 different conferences I attended.
There is NO additional fee for the mentoring opportunity - one of the perks of this Retreat - so sign up early. Even without a mentoring appointment, an $89 retreat is a bargain. Hope to see you there.